Excellent freelance video project management and development experience. Extensive video skills including filming and editing. First Light Video Drama Award 2010 nomination
for work with homeless teenager’s for Vital Regeneration. Passionate about facilitating people to find their creative voice through digital arts.
Teaching English Vietnam DTLC
Sept 2013 to current
Teaching English to Primary and Secondary children.
Magnet Publishing Web content and advertising content manager
Nov 2008 to 2013
Magnet Publishing design and host websites for the music, entertainment and hospitality world and publish magazines for promotion online and in print. My duties include the maintenance of all web sites, design and creation of sites using HTML, CSS and implemented in Drupal.
Designed and implemented web sites using Drupal. These sites allows users to add content about their business to the site automatically placing the content in the correct area of the country and business sections. Implemented uploading of audio to the completed section of Music Maker guide web site and facilitated a voting system which allows users to vote on the best audio tracks submitted to the site.
Rosetta Life artist
Oct 2004 to Oct 2008
Rosetta Life is an arts charity working with people living with life threatening illnesses and helping them find and express their voices through artistic practices like video making, photomontage and poetry. Work has included art residencies at the Royal Free Hospital, Trinity Hospice Clapham, St Thomas’s Hospital, Greenwich and Bexley Hospital and an HIV outreach project for Lambeth Council. My last year at Rosetta Life included managing a cross London arts project working with users form three separate Hospices. Whilst at Rosetta I have also lead workshops on digital arts practices and web development and I am currently negotiating the migration of all content to a new web host.
· Worked alongside Vincent Williams, a user of the Day Care Center at Trinitiy Hospice to create a video documenting the creation of his first painting which was presented to his wife as a family heirloom. The video recorded the work as it progressed whilst Vincent talked about the meaning to all the elements in the painting.
· At Trinity Hospice I created a video film for Annette who was living with Motor Neuron Disease. Footage from her marriage speech, shots of her dancing with her three month year old baby and three year old daughter where edited together to express Annette’s hope that they would always remember her as an active person.
· Whilst at Greenwich and Bexley Hospice I worked alongside Chris Rawlence, creative film director for Rosetta Life on a series of films exploring issues brought up by people who had cared for their partners as they lived through with cancer.
· Managed three live broadcasts of performances linking musicians, Hospice users in London and children in South Africa to jam together live across the internet..
· Managed and coordinated a one day workshop exploring the use of arts as a healing practice for Trinity Hospice.
· Managed and coordinated a one day workshop at the Whitechapel Gallery where hospice users came to explore their relationship with change and technology. The workshop created stop frame animation exploring mobile phones and how they affected the workshop participants
Video And Performing Arts (VAPA), Southwark Council Video Tutor
Summer school 2004 to 2010
VAPA is an arts based Youth project run by Southwark Council to teach teenagers in Peckham creative digital arts practices using video and animation.
- Developed lesson plans for short courses as required for the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award Scheme.
- Delivered a short video course to teenagers exploring their relationship to main stream art.
- Worked with teenagers with severe behavioral problems to create stop frame animations.
Sept to Dec 2008
Vital Regeneration is an arts-based organization working with teenagers in Central London
- Coordinated a 10 week video making course with homeless teenagers in Soho, London. This included story development, filming and introduction to editing.
- Produced and edited two videos, one of which was nominated for Best Drama Award with First Light Video.
April 2000 to Current
- Video and film artist for Test Departments European and USA tours
- Video artist for shinkansen arts, London including participant at Body/Technology 4 week workshop in Berlin for Theatre DeWelt 1999
2011 PTLLS, CTTLs, CONEL College, Enfield, London
1994 BTEc Creative Computing
Tower Hamlets College, London
1990 RSA counseling skills for learning
Hackney college, London
1987 Post Degree Diploma Intelligent Knowledge Based Systems
Essex University, Colchester, Essex
1983 - 1986 Bachelor of Arts – Philosophy
North London Polytechnic, Kentish Town, London
2011 Reflect ESOL Course, Actionaid, London
· Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro
· Drupal, HTML Coding and Content Management Systems for Websites
· Microsoft Office Professional Suite
Personal Skills& Interests
- Creative and imaginative problem solver that thrives on challenges
- Clear communicator who takes a pro-active approach, either in a team environment or as individual
References are available on request.
Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org